At Wattics, our goal is to provide a pricing model based on data points that you can adjust to reflect your needs.
To meet this, our fees include prorated charges, which are partial fees that will cover the time between activating a new data point and your bill date.
If for example:
- You are paying 150/mo for your subscription
- Your plan is €10/month per data point
- Your bill date is the 8th of the month
- You add one data point on November 20
On December 8th, you will be charged €150 + €10 + €6 (prorated charge) for the new data point that was active for 18 days, between November 20th and December 8th.
Please note you have 24 hours to test your point without any charge.
A data point created and deleted within the same billing period will always be charged for the days between the creation date and the bill date.
In order to minimize the number of micro charges that can happen in a billing period, these prorated charges are not billed immediately when the data point is created but will appear in the next bill.
Prorated charges apply to all subscription plans, whether monthly, quarterly or annual.
Wattics single-value, multi-value datapoint definitions
What is a datapoint?
A data point is a channel of data (electric data, water, gas or any numeric reading) which appears on the dashboard as a separate metering point.
Wattics has different charges for 2 types of points:
1. Single-Value point. Each Single-Value point consists of 1 parameter (on a single or three-phase) from a sensor (e.g. pressure sensor), pulse counter (e.g. kWh meter), IoT device (e.g. air quality monitor) or online database (e.g. weather data). A point can be considered as a single value point for any numeric reading or electric data channel with only active power parameter.
2. Multi-Value electrical point. Applies only for electrical meters. Each Multi-Value electrical point consists of up to 7 parameters per electrical phase (a commercial building has three phase circuits): active power, reactive power, voltage, current, power factor, line to line voltage, kWh energy.
The Wattics dashboard accepts only 7 electrical parameters listed above.
Special requirements or developing of drivers for new devices, which are out of Wattics current functionalities may require an extra cost on a project by project basis.